Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lent, Day 15

As my readers know, I have been using the pages of the Food for the Poor daily Lenten calendar for my Lent posts. I copied the above from their website, simply because the picture of the little child captured my heart, and I wanted to share it with you.

On to the verse of the day...

Jesus gave us the greatest example of what it means to serve: to give your life. What more can I say? In the example of Christ on the cross, we see the ultimate Servant. Ponder the cross today, my friends. It is an overwhelming picture of love, grace, justice served, and servanthood.

This picture is of the "Cross in the Woods," near Indian River, Michigan. If you're ever in the area, take the time to visit. It is incredible. Walking up underneath that cross, and looking up into the face of Christ...is just amazing.


2 comments:

Pat said...

Now I have to make a special trip to see that cross. I don't think its too far from our cottage. Someday, we will see Christ face to face!

roxanne said...

Hello. My name is Roxanne, I work at Food For The Poor. I wanted to thank you for posting information about our organization on your Blog. We appreciate and rely on bloggers like you to help spread the word about our ogranization to people who may not be familiar with the work we do. Did you know we have a very active fanpage on facebook? If you are not a fan, you can become one at www.facebook.com/foodforthepoor.
In the future if you need any information about Food For The Poor I can be reached at roxanner@foodforthepoor.org