Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Some Welcome Good News




This week marks the one-year anniversary for a significant event in the life of my family. One year ago, my dad finished up his chemo treatments, after discovering he had non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. The treatments were necessary, but really hard on my dad's body. It weakened him, of course. It also wreaked havoc with his diabetes. His body is still striving to recuperate.

Last week, he had a new CAT scan performed. Yesterday, he was able to meet with his oncologist for the results. In Dad's words, the doctor was BEAMING! The scan came back completely clear! We are so thankful!

In the words of the old hymn:

"
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!
Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!

Let the people rejoice!

O come to the Father through Jesus the Son,

And give Him the glory. Great things He hath done.
"

____________________
In Greensburg recovery news: the metal from my parents' church building (Lighthouse Worship Center A/G) was removed yesterday. A team is there assessing the situation for plans on rebuilding. Some people are moving away from Greensburg altogether, while others are planning to stay and rebuild. Either way, Greensburg will never be the same.

3 comments:

susie said...

Amen Joni, Prais God. I lost my dad to cancer at age 54. I'm thankful you were given more time. God is good, all the time.

Sue

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear about your dad. Hey, is there someone I can contact from your parents church? I was wondering what we can do. Maybe my missionette girls can do something.

Admin said...

Christina,
I'll e-mail you some addresses and phone numbers. My mom might be able to give you some info.

Sue,
We're still praying for Jim, too!