Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I Have Been "Tagged"

I've been tagged. Here are the rules:

Each person starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write their eight things and post the rules. At the end of your blog, tag eight people and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

So here's my personal info. Most of my family and close friends know these things, but my bloggy friends probably don't.

1. My all-time favorite snack is tortilla chips and mild salsa. With a tall glass of milk. (You've got your breads, your veggies, and your dairy. Very balanced, don't you think?)

2. My next all-time favorite snack is anything with peanut butter and chocolate: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (yep, yep, yep!), Butterfingers candy bars, and any ice cream that includes this combination!

3. One of my favorite ways to relax is to putter in a garden. Weeding? Yuck. Planting? Yes. Watering? Yes.

4. I grew up on a farm in southwest Kansas. My graduating class numbered 15 students, which includes three foreign exchange students. And we were one of the bigger classes in my high school!

5. I love riding a dirt bike. I used to have a small Honda, and I loved it!

6. My favorite flowers are carnations. I'm not sure why. Mostly because they're just simple, and they have that sweet, slightly "cinnamon-y" smell. They remind me of special occasions, when I have worn corsages.

7. I've been on 4 missions trips. I've been to Honduras, Costa Rica, Mexico, and England. Central America will always have a place in my heart. The children there (especially in Honduras) stole my heart.

8. One of my all-time favorite movies is "The Wizard of Oz" (see #4). I hated it when I was a kid. I was scared of tornadoes (still am!), and I hated how it portrayed Kansas as so drab and bleak. And now that the tornado hit Greensburg, I probably won't watch it for awhile. Still, "there's no place like home"! (However, a pet peeve is when people find out I'm from Kansas, and they feel the need to give me their tired "Toto and Dorothy" jokes. Like I haven't heard them a million times???)

Okay. So that's the dirt.

I'm tagging: Sue , Cheryl, Jules, Hidden One, Chantay, Laurie, Janice, Laura S.

BTW, another thing...I really don't want to be tagged again...ever! :o)






7 comments:

Threat Assessment & Response Canada said...

haha!

This is an interesting game.

Hidden One said...

Indeed!

Threat Assessment & Response Canada said...

okay, joni. i did it.

And don't think for one minute that none of the eight people will get revenge!!! hahaha!

Admin said...

At least you both rose to the challenge. Thank you!

Revenge? Isn't there a Bible verse about that being God's job??? Ha!

:oD

Laura said...

I was tagged! Great answers on your meme Joni. :)

I'll get to it... soon... I promise!

Threat Assessment & Response Canada said...

Revenge? Isn't there a Bible verse about that being God's job??? Ha!

lol! I like that "Ha!" at the end there!

WORDS CAFE said...

Hi Joni, I'm from Wichita orignally and moving to Texas, I heard all of the jokes, too..."Do you have a dog named toto?"

Hilarious.

Good to hear from another Kansas girl grieving for this sweet home. I spent many summers with friends in Haviland.
I'll keep praying and checking in. Thanks!