Monday, July 16, 2007

Light on the Journey


Pat over at Living on Grace has been posting about the changes in life. She just entered the life of retirement! (Congrats, Pat!) She quoted one of my favorite passages from Ecclesiastes, about there being a time and season for everything.

I, too, am entering a new phase of life. Actually more than one.

I have home schooled our sons for 5 years now. It wasn't an easy decision at first, but I grew into the role of mom/teacher/wife eventually. Now we have decided to send them to our parish school. It's a little scary (okay, a LOT) to let go of them. But, I know it's time.

The big question everyone is asking me is: What are you going to do with yourself while they're in school? Honestly, I don't know. I'd like to take a little time to remember what it's like to just be a wife and mom, if that's okay.

If you have read this blog for any length of time, you know we recently came into the Catholic church. It is a time for our entire family to see where we "fit" now. Having been a pastor's family for so long, we are adjusting to where we belong in our parish. Doors are beginning to open, but it's hard to be patient!

So, I'm making a special request to God today: Just give me a firefly's worth of light. Show me just "that much" of what lies ahead.

That will be enough for this day.


No comments: