Friday, July 06, 2007

The Greatest Wonder of All


I read an article in today's Akron Beacon Journal entitled, "Voting almost finished in world wonders poll." According to the article, the Great Pyramids are "the only surviving structures from the traditional list of seven wonders of the ancient world". The vote ends today. Top contenders include: the Acropolis (Greece), Chichen Itza pyramid (Mexico), Eiffel Tower (Paris), Easter Island, Christ the Redeemer statue (Brazil), the Taj Mahal (India), and the ancient city of Petra (Jordan). (My vote would include Petra and the statue.) I hadn't heard they were updating the list, so found this article interesting.

However...

In the words of this old song, there is a wonder that surpasses them all!

There's the wonder of sunset at evening; the wonder as sunrise I see.
But the wonder of wonders that thrills my soul
Is the wonder that God loves me.

There's the wonder of springtime and harvest; the sky, the stars, the sun.

But the wonder of wonders that thrills my soul

Is a wonder that's only begun.


Oh, the wonder of it all, the wonder of it all;

Just to think that God loves me....


("The Wonder of It All" by George Beverly Shea, copyright 1956 by Chancel Music)

"For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (II Corinthians 5:21)

That is the greatest wonder of all!!




3 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

I didn't know they were updating the list either...just read you last post...what in the world is going on wtih Maddie Kutrubs?!!? I love Kimber! but she deleted her blog and I have no way to connect with her...please email me with info my email is on my profile.

Admin said...

Will do!

Admin said...

Cheryl,
Check your comments on your latest post. I left you a note there.