Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Vacation Memories

Our family had a great time away last week. We spent some time with my husband's mom and dad. We had a day to ourselves for our anniversary (thanks to his mom and dad!). We were able to spend Father's Day with his parents and his sister's family. The kids had a great time playing Grandpa's new Wii game system!

The next five days were spent at his parents' cottage on Rifle Lake, near Rose City, Michigan. His parents joined us for most of the week. There were boat rides, fishing (none caught...), playtime outdoors, time on the beach...it was loads of fun! We had some time with my husband's brother's family, too. It was an enjoyable week.

The end of the week included some bouts with sickness (oldest son and me), but we still had a great time.

One of the highlights of my week took place Thursday afternoon. Even as I'm typing this, I'm getting choked up. My sister-in-law gave birthday cards to our sons and me. The boys each got some McDonald's coupons, which will definitely come in handy this summer!

My gift was a belated birthday present for that "big" birthday previously mentioned. There was a sweet, sweet card, which contained an explanation for the gift. In the beautifully wrapped little box, I found the most exquisite antique lavendar rosary beads. To understand the depth of meaning, you have to understand that our family only recently converted to being Catholic. Both of our immediate families are Protestant. This gift spoke volumes to me of my sister-in-law's love and support for us. We may not agree on the theology issues, but we are still family, sisters-in-law, sisters in Christ, and FRIENDS. What a precious gift. Thanks again, Christina. I will cherish them (and you) forever!

Beautiful rosary beads on this website, too.




1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

sounds like you had an awesome vacation and what a precious and thoughtful gift. the actual gift..and the sister in law..:)