Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

In phone conversations, via e-mail, and through newspaper and TV stories, I have heard so much about my home town over the past few days: some good, some bad, and the tornado made it all ugly. Thankfully, I've heard more good than bad.

* When a gentleman went to Wal-Mart in Pratt, KS, to pick up prescriptions, he was told there was no charge for anyone from Greensburg! I've been told that they are not charging Greensburg residents for clothing and other items, too.

* A former resident of the town (and a friend of mine), named Tim Hacker, has already said he will donate all brand-new golf equipment for the school's golf team when things are back up and running.

* A professional golfer (I'm sorry I've forgotten her name) who won an LPGA tournament yesterday, has pledged $100,000 of her winnings to Greensburg.

The bad?

* People who go into town, pretending to be residents. They are only there to loot and steal.

* The governor of Kansas, who made it into a political situation. I'm sorry, but I felt she was way out of line.

There are so many more great stories, though, of people helping others. That's how the people of Greensburg are.

Keep praying!




Kiowa County Courthouse

No comments: