Thursday, May 24, 2007

Daily Prayer




I was given a copy of this prayer about 4 years ago, when I was going through a very difficult time. I think it is a prayer we would all do well to pray every day.

________________

My Lord, grant that with Thy peace I may greet all that this day is to bring.

Grant me grace to surrender myself completely to Thy Holy Will.


In every hour of this day, instruct and guide me in all things.

Whatever tidings I may receive during this day, teach me to accept tranquilly, in the firm belief that Thy Holy Will governs all.


Govern my thoughts and feelings in all I do and say.


When unforeseen things occur, let me not forget that all is sent by Thee.


Teach me to behave sincerely and reasonably toward everyone, that I may bring confusion and sorrow to no one.


Bestow on me, my Lord, strength to endure the fatigue of the day, and to bear my part in its events.
Guide my will, and teach me to pray, to believe, to hope, to suffer, to forgive, and to love.

Amen.


~from the Optina Monastery, Russia~



No comments: