We are all on the journey of life. These are my thoughts along my journey...with God, in my faith, with my family, and my friends.
The Truth Shines Through
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
This Josh Wilson song is really speaking to me today. He has experienced the battle of panic attacks, too. Thanks, Josh, for putting to music the words my desperate heart has cried so many times.
Check out the story behind this song on Josh's website.
Have you ever noticed that God's path for our journey is not the one we would have chosen for ourselves? I'm not just talking about the "big" things, either (jobs, locations, church affiliations, etc.). I'm talking about the journey : the day-to-day places of our lives. Still confused? Let me illustrate. Several years ago, while on my lunch break from work, I chose a booth away from the lunch crowd. I had been around crowds enough at work. I just needed some quiet for a few minutes. As I was finishing up the last of my fries, the Holy Spirit spoke very clearly to me: See that woman over there? The one carrying her tray away from the front counter? You need to go pray for her. My immediate reaction was: NO WAY! God, You know what a crazy morning it has been at the store. I am not going over there, disturbing some complete stranger's lunch, invading her privacy, only to look like a fool! And why does it matter what anyone in this place thinks of you? You w...
The journey began as a child, in my heart desiring to "know Jesus"...it continued as I sought to know Him more, to live for Him...it went along as I followed His call on my life...as I married, and had kids...as we ministered in various ways and places... Today, our journey is leading us to a place I never thought it would take, and the path is a bit scary. (Okay, a LOT scary, at times!) These are just the thoughts of a sojourner. You're welcome to come along.
I have spent my life worshipping idols. GASP! What did I just say? Okay. Take a deep breath. It's not what you think! All my life, I have looked at someone who is: older, wiser, prettier, wittier, more spiritual, more popular...you name it...I have looked at that "someone" and idolized them. Not in that, "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" kind of idolatry. It was more like a, "I'll never be able to be as.....(wise, pretty, witty, spiritual, popular)...as he/she is. They are just too (wise, pretty, witty, spiritual, popular). I could never measure up to that!" You know the type, right? That person that never seems to run out of wise advice. The woman who never has a hair out of place, no matter how many children are clinging to her skirts (jeans?). The person who always has a funny line to lighten the mood. The one who seems to be friends with just everybody they meet. The hardest to deal with, though, is the person who always has the ...
Comments