Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Day of Sadness


Yes, another school shooting. And not too far from where we live. It was all there was on TV yesterday afternoon. (I was sick, so the TV was my babysitter!) Well, the school shooting in Cleveland and the train wreck up in Painesville.


Then of course, today all the national media had all the child psychologists in, to ask "why is this happening"?


Sin, my friend. The fall in the garden. A world looking for answers in all the wrong places. Broken families. Broken kids. Sin.


It saddens my heart.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I have to agree with you. The moral decline in the nation along with the explosion of broken families creates havoc. When stardards aren't upheld....it all falls down.

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh my how scary for you. But really what can we expect with the world going like it is. Our kids have nothing to hang onto as family deteriates and schools can offer little support outside of their day. The world is such a bad place.

I always love Christmas and the reminder it gives me of the Light that was sent into this dark world one night in a tiny town of Bethleham. It just gives me goosebumps to think about the beauty of it all!