Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Word of God

“For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,
And do not return there,
But water the earth,
And make it bring forth and bud,
That it may give seed to the sower
And bread to the eater,
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."


Isaiah 55:10, 11 

Tonight, as I heard this passage read at our Easter Vigil, it became so clear to me:  the Word Isaiah prophesied about?  That's Jesus!

Every time the Scripture's authors wrote of the Law and Prophets, they spoke of it as the Law and Prophets, or as Scripture.  But every time the Word is mentioned, they are speaking of Jesus.

And Jesus has accomplished that for which He was sent:  our redemption and life!

Happy Easter!


No comments: