Wednesday, October 03, 2007

God's Amazing Ways

As most of my readers know, I was able to attend our niece's wedding about a month ago. I didn't give every detail, obviously. But there was one thing that happened that I've been waiting to share with you. It was precious, special, and so...well...you'll see...

At one point in the ceremony, a group of three people came forward to give prophetic words over the couple. I grew up in a Pentecostal church, and have been involved in many Charismatic services. Still, I have to admit, I am often skeptical of such things. Too often, the "words" are just generic, nice things. Which isn't really wrong, but also isn't prophetic.

As one "word" was given over them, I got this spiritual sense of God saying something so powerful, though. I can't remember the exact words, but the essence of it was that they were to be a Kingdom couple. A couple to show God's Kingdom to the world, and to spread His Kingdom. Even as the words were being spoken, I looked up above the gazebo. And there, fluttering its wings ever so gracefully, was a beautiful symbol of God's royalty: a monarch butterfly. It flew back and forth over the gazebo several times, then fluttered away.

You can call it what you will. I saw it simply as God confirming the spoken word. God's Kingdom being lived out through this young couple, who were devoting themselves to each other, and to God, as man and wife.

I'm not sure what God has for Kim and Randall. I just know it's going to be a fulfillment of those very words. I'll never look at a monarch butterfly the same again...

Isn't God amazing???


.

3 comments:

Pat said...

How awesome to be witness to something so "God-like". He speaks to us through more avenues then only the prophetic word sometimes. The key is to have your heart open to receive his message.
Sounds like such a beautiful day!

Paula said...

Gorgeous pictures! And what a story! Hey--say a prayer for me. I'm getting ready to submit my novel proposals to my dream publishing house. :o)

Jada's Gigi said...

yes, He is...so amazing and wonderful...what a sweet moment