Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Another Psalm in My Heart


A friend recently said she likes to pray through the Psalms. I haven't done that in quite a long time. I do like to read a Psalm, or a portion of one, every day, though. They are really ministering to my spirit.

Today I read this one:

"I will lift up my eyes to the hill--from whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.


He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.


The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul.
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in

From this time forth, and even forevermore."

Psalm 121

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This Psalm is incredibly comforting to me today. I can rest peacefully at night, knowing that my Lord never sleeps, and is always watching over me. He protects me both day and night. He knows everything that is happening in my life.

Rest in the peace of these words today, my friends!

*mountain photo by Craig Hiller

2 comments:

Pat said...

At the risk of already having left a comment and having it appear twice, I will leave one or another one as the case may be! This entire waiting to see if your comment is posted has me all un-nerved! ;)
Anyway, I love this Psalm and the words "The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore" that pretty much covers us all the time doesn't it? We need to rest in this assurance that He's given us that he cares for us...all the time!

Heidi Grether said...

I sang Ps 121 in choir at Brownsville. I wish I had the sheet music to it. Love it.