Sunday, June 03, 2007

Trinity Sunday












I found these two pictures on this website. I thought it was a pretty neat "coincidence", since I wanted something depicting the Holy Spirit! (Photos by Gun Legler)
________________________________
Today we celebrated Trinity Sunday. I love this day. Though sometimes, I wonder why. I mean, we can't really explain the Trinity. We can't put into words how the one, true God can be three Persons. Our human intellects cannot wrap themselves around that concept. But it's true. And that's why I love it. It's one of those incredible, beautiful mysteries. One of those ways God reminds us that He is God. If we could figure it out, after all, well, then, it would no longer be a mystery. Right?

I love that He is God, my Father. The Creator of the Universe.

I love that He is Jesus, the Son. Born of the virgin Mary. Crucified, died, and risen. My Savior. My Shepherd. My risen Lord.

I love that He is the Holy Spirit, the Comforter. The power-giving One who seals me as His own.

No, I can't explain it all. But I'm so glad He is. And that They are the Trinity!

"Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee.
Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty.
God in three Persons. Blessed Trinity!"


4 comments:

Threat Assessment & Response Canada said...

What an uplifting post.

Hidden One said...

Indeed, they are the Trinity.

Jada's Gigi said...

thank goodness we can't explain or understand God! :)

Patrick said...

While there are mysteries about the Trinity we will never understand, there are many things we can understand if we will give ourselves to some quiet meditation. The fruit of these times will give us great insight into our relationship with God and our relationships with one another.