Friday, February 27, 2015

There Is Rest for the Weary

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30

Key words we see:

- Come..to Jesus

   - Who?  "All who labor and are heavy laden."  We all feel that way at times,
      don't we?  Yet Jesus calls every one of us to Himself.

- Take...His yoke upon you
   -  A yoke?  Sounds like a burden.  But a yoke helps a team of horses or oxen
      pull together.  Picture Jesus coming alongside and helping bear the burden.

- Learn...from Him
   - We all want to learn from the best in our particular field of interest.  This

      is our invitation to learn from the VERY best!

- Find...rest for your soul
   - A place of refuge from the clamor of the world.  A place of protection where

     we can be held close to His heart.

Just a few thoughts:

  1.   Stop worrying about the encumberances of life.  Find rest in Him.
  2.   Let it go.  (I Peter 5:7)
  3.   Even when we take His yoke upon us, we can be at rest.
  4.   He is gentle.

No comments: