Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Licking the Wounds...again!

So this post was going to be all about something really cool.  I promise!  ;o)  There are some things on my heart that I've been wanting to share, but haven't gotten around to posting them yet.

But today, just bear with a little whining.


A few days ago, one of my Facebook friends (someone I really love and respect) added me to a Christian women's page.  The administrator continually posts questions and thoughts about the faith and Scripture.  I hadn't really participated, until yesterday.  She posted a question regarding what Jesus did while He was in the grave--and did He really go to Hell?

I decided to give a little input.  She immediately became defensive.  She said something in response, then I revealed that I'm Catholic.  Oh, my.  It all broke loose then.  She said I needed to leave the page, as this page is only for CHRISTIAN women.  There was more, but that was the gist of it.  I was shocked, but decided to just let it go.  I told her I would remove myself.  I did so immediately.  However, I didn't want to risk having offended her.  I sent her a private message to that effect.

The conversation has continued.  She has revealed to me that she is a former Catholic.  I am praying that I'm not in over my head.  After all, I am no theologian.  I am simply a woman who loves and serves God.  I know many people don't understand why we have chosen to do that within the Catholic Church.  My husband is so much better at this! 

The truth is, this is an opportunity for me to share my heart with someone who is convinced that I am totally wrong.  It's not an insurmountable task, but definitely a daunting one!  And, after all, it's not about me, but about Him.  Right?

I'll share a quote with all of you, which a wonderful friend shared with me:

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
 
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

No comments: