Monday, September 28, 2009

One of Those "Mom" Things


My oldest son left on his class trip to Washington, D.C. today. He'll be gone for about three days. I have to tell you...that was a hard goodbye for me! He has never gone to camp or anything like that. The longest I've been away from him is a couple of days, and he was always with relatives. This is definitely a new experience for all of us! He has already called me 4 times since he left this morning! His younger brother is missing him like crazy, too.

I know it will be a great experience for him...but I sure miss that boy!

3 comments:

Pat said...

I would be just like you....not wanting to let him go, but wanting him to experience life and not be over-sheltered. It's a very, very hard thing to be a Mom!
I think world events and the temperment of society make it much harder then I was young, BUT - God hasn't changed! He will protectet him just as in my day, and when he comes home he will have lots to share with you, and his brother!

Sheepdog said...

Oh, boy. That IS a hard one. It's especially hard when they aren't even with relatives.

But I bet he comes home with happy and interesting stories to tell!

Blessings each day said...

How sweet that you have such a close and loving relationship. I do remember the first time my children went off by themselves and how good it was to hear from them!!

Hopefully he will have a marvelous time and you will feel at peace.

blessings and hugs,

marcy