Saturday, May 02, 2009

Life's Crazy Moments.

After posting every day for over a month, I feel like I've been on a blogging fast! The truth of the matter is, my oldest son has been playing volleyball, and our younger son just started baseball. Between practices and games, plus church activities thrown in there, life has been a whirlwind over the past few weeks! We only have one car, too, so that just adds to the craziness of life!

My niece and I were recently having an "e-mail discussion" about how so many people have this warped idea that once that Christians do not face the same temptations that worldly people do. (So what does this mean for worldly Christians??? That's a subject for another post!) People who are not serving Christ look at Christians like: you just don't face the same things I do. You just don't know. When the truth of the matter is, Christians often face even tougher temptations and trials. Those who are trying to really serve Christ and desire their lives to reflect His life have a barrage of things thrown at them by the enemy (Satan) who's main goal is to see them fail.

But I think there are Christians, too, who see this all in the wrong light. They face things with a whole defeatist attitude of "it's all too much for me...I'm weak...temptation is more than I can bear..." Forgetting that we have the tools and spiritual weapons to fight and resist and defeat anything the devil throws at us!

Then there is the whole other issue of those who try to appear "holy" any time they're around someone who they know is a Christian. They stifle their language, humor, etc. to try to impress Christians. Sorry, folks. God isn't going to ask me for a letter of recommendation on you! Whether I am impressed or not, it is still His standard you need to follow, not mine!

Well, there's enough rambling to catch me up for a few days! :o)

Have a blessed day in the Lord!

No comments: