Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lent, Day Two

Today's verse: "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me." Luke 9:23b

If we wish to follow Christ, we must, as Paul said, identify with Christ in His sufferings. And how do we do that? The verse clearly spells it out: Deny ourselves. (Death to our flesh.) Take up our cross daily. Every day, not just the days when we feel like it! And follow Him. Where did Christ go? To the cross! There's so much more I could say, but I really feel that this verse speaks it quite well on its own....

My offering to God: "I will follow Christ daily, even when it is difficult to do so."




2 comments:

Pat said...

Thanks for answering my question on the previous post. You're a good teacher.
I'm enjoying this learning journey with you, just as I enjoy all of your posts.
Blessings!

Admin said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it, Pat. I think it's good for me to try to explain it to someone else, too. It helps me really think through it all and remember exactly why we do what we do. I'm definitely still learning! Thanks for joining me on the journey!