Saturday, April 12, 2008

Little Ones to Him Belong...


I had not planned for this to be the topic of my newest post. However, I checked my e-mail just prior to signing into Blogger, and decided that this was more important for tonight.

For the past several months, I have been privileged to be part of a group of people praying for a small baby named Angel. Even before her birth, we were praying for a healing. The doctors discovered some abnormalities while she was in her mommy's womb. The very fact that she survived her birth was a miracle. She has had her ups and downs since then, going through medical procedures, medications, etc. to try to spare her young life.

Today, Angel was welcomed into the arms of Jesus. I cannot imagine the grief her family is experiencing tonight. There is joy, of course, knowing that little Angel will no longer suffer, and that she is at peace in the presence of the Lord. Yet there will always be that longing for the day when they will be reunited with her...

My prayers continue with you, Amanda. I have never met you, but God most definitely placed your little one in my heart and prayers. May His grace and peace be yours in abundance tonight.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Words fail me. I pray that the family will find comfort and love, and rest in the arms of Jesus as He holds them close at this difficult and sad time in their lives.