Thursday, February 21, 2008

Music to Live By


Another blogger, Cheryl, periodically has a post labeled LIF (Lyrics I'm Feeling). I have one of those posts today.

This song is special to our family. About a year ago, at the Rite of Election (part of the process of being received into the Catholic Church), a wonderful choir sang this song. Recently at a church gathering, it was the closing song as well. This isn't just a "grown up" song. My kids were singing it while doing the dishes together the other night!

It definitely has a black gospel kick to it. It brings me back to our days in Detroit, and worshipping at Revival Tabernacle. My husband used to tease me that, even though I was a white farm girl from Kansas, I was "black on the inside," due to my love for black gospel music and the inborn feel I have for the rhythm.

That was more information than you probably wanted or needed...but it gives you a better picture of why I love this song so much: the black gospel feel, and the awesome message of the words!

Go Make a Difference
by Steve Angrisano and Tom Tomaszek

Refrain: Go make a difference.
We can make a difference.
Go make a difference in the world.
Go make a difference.
We can make a difference.
Go make a difference in the world.

We are the salt of the earth, called to let the people see
The love of God in you and me.
We are the light of the world, not to be hidden but be seen.
Go make a difference in the world.

We are the hands of Christ reaching out to those in need,
The face of God for all to see.
We are the spirit of hope; we are the voice of peace.
Go make a difference in the world.

So let your love shine on, let it shine for all to see.
Go make a difference in the world.
And the Spirit of Christ will be with us as we go.
Go make a difference in the world.


May that be our prayer and our life goal, my friends!

3 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Thanks for that inspiriational verse. Ive never heard that before.

Pat said...

I just googled in on you tube - I love it!
On this day when we are mouring the passing of my friend, Arlene, it's so fitting - it described her too a "t" - she wanted to make a differenct for the cause of Christ, and she did.

Jada's Gigi said...

beautiful LIF! Amen, lets do it...lets make a difference!
thanks for the link! I miss my LIf posts!