Monday, November 19, 2007

A Thankful Heart



This will most likely be my last post before Thanksgiving. Things are a bit hectic around here, as I'm sure they are in your corner of the world. (Except my Canadian friends, who celebrated Thanksgiving last month!)

Things I am thankful for:

--my wonderful husband of 18 years...the man of my dreams...and even more incredible, the man of my real life! I am such a fortunate woman!

--my two growing boys. Yes, there are days of frustration, but there are more times of laughter and joy. They bless me in so many ways.

--our families (parents, siblings, in-laws, cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and, of course, our great nephew!) We are surrounded by so much love, even though miles separate us.

--our church home. I am amazed at how at home I feel there after such a short time. I thank God for bringing us there, and the new friendships and relationships we are building.

--my wonderful friends from all over this country, and in other countries. Whether I know them face-to-face, or only through cyberspace, they are each and every one so dear to me.

--Most of all, for all God has done for me...I cannot even begin to list them all. Thank You for never giving up on me. And for the above-mentioned people who show Your love to me in so many ways.


"Give thanks, with a grateful heart
Give thanks, to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son

And now, let the weak say, 'I am strong'
Let the poor say, 'I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us'

GIVE THANKS!"

Words and music by Henry Smith, copyright 1978 Integrity's Hosanna! Music

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family. Will you be traveling to Detroit?

Kren

Hidden One said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Joni and all our American friends:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jada's Gigi said...

AMEN! happy thanksgiving Joni! God is SO good!