Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Let Every Heart Prepare Him Room

The whole idea of Advent is a fairly new concept to me. I heard about it some when I was growing up, but didn't really know much about it. Over the past few years, I have come to learn more about what it means. I have grown to love the meaning and the season.

Advent begins 4 Sundays before Christmas Day. Each week, the readings in church are focused on the prophecies of Christ's birth. But they also focus on His second coming. Both emphases remind us that we are to prepare our hearts for His coming: to welcome Him into our hearts, and to welcome Him when He returns in glory.

My prayer for all who read this, is that you have a heart ready to receive Him. That you will be open to all He has for you this Christmas season. And that you will be anticipating His return with great joy!

"He who testifies to these things, says, 'Surely I am coming quickly.' Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." (Revelation 22:20-21)

3 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

Even so, come Lord Jesus! Amen!

Your song is beautiful!

Hidden One said...

Yes, come.

Admin said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts!